Freezing of the picture problem

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Freezing of the picture problem

Beitrag von mackowiakp » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 11:57

First of all I wanted to apologize that I am using the English language. I do not know the German language and translation via Google sometimes produce funny results.

After a long and fruitful discussion with a colleague BPanther via chat, I would like for everyone on the forum to report a problem with the freezing of the picture on TV screen when you turn off and turn on the TV. At the same time satellite receiver is in ON state of course. Changing channels up/down does not resolve the problem.
I'm use [BP-NMP-BETA]_fortis_BASE-rev5670_HAL-rev331_NMP-rev4262 image installed on USB dongle. My box is a 1018.
The problem occurs with very new types of TV sets, namely who are equipped with chipset which supports HDMI where in each of the inputs is actually active all the time that is to say each input analyzing the signal to the time which it is connected. Sometimes such type of input is called as HDMI +. This allows switching from one input canel to another, and a stable immediately, without waiting 1-3 seconds to synchronize the receiver electronics to a new source.

Such TVs are such as Samsung ES8000 series or 9000 or latest Sharp Aquos (those 65 inches and larger).
I tested HDMU, Neutrino, Nebula, Hyperion - everywhere the same problem because the same graphics card driver.
It is clear, that each of the newly manufactured TVs will come with this newer HDMI chipset rather than older one. Thus, it is asked to the drivers developers to take a look at the source. Probably via HDMI is passed what additional information. Notice that I totally turned off the HDMI-CEC support in TV set but the problem still exist.
Changing the mode of HDMI from RGB to YUM or 422 cause freezing too. But such new TV sets supports all modes of HDMI.
Of course, the suspicion that the problem is in the driver card is just my guess. Perhaps someone else knows of another cause.

Text was changed for better reading by gismotro

maleboya
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Re: Freezing of the picture problem

Beitrag von maleboya » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 14:13

As mentioned befor, ive got hdmi sync problems with my lg55lm660 too. It happens on fta and crypted channels, with or without a running cam. It happens not all the time, but mostly at upscaled 4:3 channels. I could force this symptom by switching the colortype too. Its on a 913 with image of 14.04.

sorry, my english is under all pig :-)
Best regards,

Bild

1x UFS 910 - 320GB Sata - Gelbe LED - NMP
1x UFS 913 - 32GB SSD - NMP
1x UFS 913 - Orig FW
1x AV 7000 - 160GB Sata -Neutrino V1

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 14:35

maleboya hat geschrieben:As mentioned befor, ive got hdmi sync problems with my lg55lm660 too. It happens on fta and crypted channels, with or without a running cam. It happens not all the time, but mostly at upscaled 4:3 channels. I could force this symptom by switching the colortype too. Its on a 913 with image of 14.04.

sorry, my english is under all pig :-)
You're my friend in distress!!! Until now, no one believed me that this problem occurs. Thank you very much for the confirmation!
Dont worry about your English. It's important what you want to say not the way You do.

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » So 21. Apr 2013, 07:38

Hello BPanther!

So I log the situation of freezing the picture using "setcosole" command. That is the output:

fortis:~# setconsole
fortis:~# [zapit] LOST LOCK! stopping video...
[zapit] reacquired LOCK! starting video...
[zapit] LOST LOCK! stopping video...

etc, etc, etc......

Could this be the problem indicated a year ago?
https://gitorious.org/neutrino-hd/neutr ... rmat=patch

BPanther
Administrator
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 137 Mal

Beitrag von BPanther » So 21. Apr 2013, 11:58

Hmm, this change is only for "Spark", not for this boxtype. But I can try to activate this also for testing.
MfG BPanther
KEIN SUPPORT PER PN -> Bitte das Forum nutzen und das Wiki lesen.

Bild Bild
Thx udog für das Bild.
TV: Sony Bravia KDL-46HX755, Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500 (old)
Boxen mit NMP: 7x UFS910 (128MB), UFS912, 2x UFS913, AV700, AV7000, AV7500 (DVB-S/C/T), Edision Argus Pingulux, Vizyon820HD,
2x AX 4K HD51 (E2-OATV, NMP-DDT, DVB-S/SX/C/T), VU+DUO (E2-OATV), VU+Solo4K (DVB-S (FBC)/C/T (DUAL))

maleboya
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von maleboya » So 21. Apr 2013, 13:53

does only the stream of the current channel disapear? couse when i change the color typ or when the desyncs happen also the menu is gone. strang is, that sometime the sounds still working in this desync gaps.
Best regards,

Bild

1x UFS 913 - Orig FW

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » So 21. Apr 2013, 19:45

So I made an experiment:
- the box is set to receive TVN24, it is info channel and the part of transmitted program is constantly shown clock
- turn TV off
- wait 10 min
- turn TV on
- after that, the picture freeze but the clock show the time of turning on the TV set
- I try to change channel up/down - at the bottom is shown that i am changing the channel, but the picture is still the same and frozen. Additionally SIG shows 77% and SNR shows zero! The "channel error" warning is displayed, but in background is still the same picture.
- turn box to standby and back to operating mode - everything works fine.

Is it answer to Your question?

DboxOldie
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Danksagung erhalten: 111 Mal

Beitrag von DboxOldie » So 21. Apr 2013, 20:17

The function you have posted is the reaction for lost tuner lock, not the reason.
The question is: why lose the tuner the signal...
By the way: I think your TV has an build in tuner for sat, as my Samsung has it.
Have you connect it whith a sat cable ?
MfG DboxOldie

KEIN SUPPORT PER PN > Bitte das Forum benutzen und ins Wiki schauen

Bild

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » So 21. Apr 2013, 20:44

Yes, my TV has SAT receiver build-in. But the problem is EMU. It is possible to use card like Diablo WiFi for this purposes but the card is very expensive (it is necessary to buy card + programmer) so the total cost is about 250 Euro (similar to 1018 price). And it does not have twin tuners. The PVR functionality is build-in (single tuner of course) but I can not store recorded files on my home DLNA server.
I heard a lot about Diablo WiFi but nobody can tell me is it working for sure or not. I have not found a reliable opinion about this product. Maybe you have some experience? Either people do you know who these are? So I dont know - Is it worth to buy or not....

DboxOldie
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Beitrag von DboxOldie » So 21. Apr 2013, 21:02

I have a diablo wifi, and it works fine with my Samsung...
But : the CI Slot on my TV there is enough place, I have seen on newer samsungs that there ist only possible to use normal format of CI moduls,
and not the longer ones like the wifi.
Once more the question: is your tv connected to your sat dish ?
MfG DboxOldie

Bild

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » So 21. Apr 2013, 21:18

Yes, it is. I try with original CAM module from my provider - works fine. But physically all my sat receivers are connected to multiswitch but (because of absence of EMU) 55ES8000 can receive only FTA channels.
Additionally I have two Ferguson Ariva 200 single tuner SAT receiver, with EMU implemented. Works without problems with my older TV sets (series C5000) and ES8000.
By the way. What release of HW is Your Diablo and what software You use for EMU?

DboxOldie
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Beitrag von DboxOldie » So 21. Apr 2013, 21:31

Well, then try to test: switching on / off your TV without connected sat cable to make shure that the effect is only on the hdmi Connection.
The DBW is the older one rev 2.13 ?? with UW 2.18
MfG DboxOldie

Bild

maleboya
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von maleboya » So 21. Apr 2013, 21:37

Then i think we have got two different problems, because at my tv the hdmi Signal is lost vor a couple of seconds including the menu and most of the time the sound via hdmi is gone too. Your Problem sounds like an tuner Problem. Got this freezing prob with my old 7000, i fixed it by doing al settings, including the channel list from scratch. But you said, that its an emu Problem, so why dont you change the emu?
Best regards,

Bild

1x UFS 913 - Orig FW

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » So 21. Apr 2013, 21:39

You mean - sat cable disconnected from TV set, right?

Well. DWF works for You, no hangs, no reboots etc?

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » So 21. Apr 2013, 21:48

maleboya hat geschrieben:Then i think we have got two different problems, because at my tv the hdmi Signal is lost vor a couple of seconds including the menu and most of the time the sound via hdmi is gone too. Your Problem sounds like an tuner Problem. Got this freezing prob with my old 7000, i fixed it by doing al settings, including the channel list from scratch. But you said, that its an emu Problem, so why dont you change the emu?
I disconnected sat cable from TV set - the problem still exist.
I dont suggest that it is emu problem. Of course I tested SAT box with and without EMU. The problem still exist. But of course I can install EMU You tested/suggest. If so pass me (or better PM) a link to download EMU for Neutrino You use with positive results.

Antworten

Zurück zu „AV7000 / Octagon 1018 - USB“