Sat signal lost

Antworten
mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Sat signal lost

Beitrag von mackowiakp » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 13:53

I got another strange problem with [BP-NMP-BETA]_fortis_BASE-rev5670_HAL-rev331_NMP-rev4262 image installed on USB dongle. I just turn on CIFS (default - off) and after saving settings, the box ask for reboot. So I click <ok> and after reboot no sat signal was noticed by tuners. So I rebooted box using power switch and boot again. Does not help. Still SNR signal indicator shows zero. The only solution was to "scan the sky" and it reverted box to previous state.
A noticed the same problem after changing other setup parameters but I dont remember exactly when it happen.

DboxOldie
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Danksagung erhalten: 111 Mal

Re: Sat signal lost

Beitrag von DboxOldie » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 16:03

That´s strange...
The cifs network driver has nothing to do with the tuner or the channellist.
MfG DboxOldie

KEIN SUPPORT PER PN > Bitte das Forum benutzen und ins Wiki schauen

Bild

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 16:39

DboxOldie hat geschrieben:That´s strange...
The cifs network driver has nothing to do with the tuner or the channellist.
I dont think that it is CIFS related problem. But after changing / activating CIFS, the box wants to be rebooted. Jus by clicking <ok>. And i think that something is written to config files not only related to activating CIFS. It is only my guess of course. .. I had similar problem with activating something else and it cause lost of SAT signal too. But i dont remember at this moment what it was....

DboxOldie
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Danksagung erhalten: 111 Mal

Beitrag von DboxOldie » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 17:15

Changes there were written in /var/etc/miscsettings.conf, there is nothing whith the tuners.
Then you have changed some other things....
I have other boxes, but I use very often the cifs and such a fault I never seen.
In this case try to make a serial log over rs232, there you will see if neutrino initializes the tuners.
MfG DboxOldie

KEIN SUPPORT PER PN > Bitte das Forum benutzen und ins Wiki schauen

Bild

vISIOn
Developer
Developer

Beitrag von vISIOn » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 17:28

Sounds strange... i am using octagon 1018 to but with own image... all ok...
Atemio Nemesis
Octagon 1008
Octagon 1018
Octagon 1028
Octagon 1008P SE+
Octagon 1008 SE+
Vizyon 820
Cuberevo Mini
AZ Box Elite
AZ Box Premium+
Kathrein 910

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 17:57

vISIOn hat geschrieben:Sounds strange... i am using octagon 1018 to but with own image... all ok...
Yep. I am using 1018 with original FW, and works OK. The problem with CIFS (or something else I suppose) occurs with Neutrino.
By the way - what EMU you use in conjunction with Octasoft? I have problem with automatic startup of EMU for second tuner. Please PM me such info, if you be so kind (because it is not appropriate forum).

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 18:05

DboxOldie hat geschrieben:Changes there were written in /var/etc/miscsettings.conf, there is nothing whith the tuners.
Then you have changed some other things....
I have other boxes, but I use very often the cifs and such a fault I never seen.
In this case try to make a serial log over rs232, there you will see if neutrino initializes the tuners.
After such "reboot" and "scanning the sky" again, I can play with CIFS without problems. But the question is, what cause such crash/erasing of (probably) channel info.

I have to log several things from Neutrino, for BPanther too. But I have to buy Monday RS232->USB converter, because my laptop is not equipped in such port :shock:
After that i will be able to log anything You want :D

BPanther
Administrator
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 137 Mal

Beitrag von BPanther » Sa 20. Apr 2013, 22:36

Partially logging is possible via Telnet with the command:
setconsole

This will print all messages from serial to the Telnet console. Good for logging later problems and not already from the box start.

With:
setconsole -r

set it back to serial - and you can leaving telnet normal (exit is not possible without).

But for a "full" log from box start not possible. A "full" log needs a rs232 cable.
MfG BPanther
KEIN SUPPORT PER PN -> Bitte das Forum nutzen und das Wiki lesen.

Bild Bild
Thx udog für das Bild.
TV: Sony Bravia KDL-46HX755, Sony Bravia KDL-40W4500 (old)
Boxen mit NMP: 7x UFS910 (128MB), UFS912, 2x UFS913, AV700, AV7000, AV7500 (DVB-S/C/T), Edision Argus Pingulux, Vizyon820HD,
2x AX 4K HD51 (E2-OATV, NMP-DDT, DVB-S/SX/C/T), VU+DUO (E2-OATV), VU+Solo4K (DVB-S (FBC)/C/T (DUAL))

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » So 21. Apr 2013, 07:30

I catch another situation of loosing the SAT signal. Yesterday I turn off my box using "Shutdown" option from main menu. After that, I boot 1018 from internal flash with Octasoft installed on it. Today I boot the box from USB again ([BP-NMP-BETA]_fortis_BASE-rev5670_HAL-rev331_NMP-rev4262 installed on it) and signal indicator shows 70% (normally 90-99%) and SNR indicator shows zero (normally 90-95%).
I had to "scan the sky" again to receive any program. Any help?

mackowiakp
Registrierte Benutzer
Registrierte Benutzer

Beitrag von mackowiakp » So 21. Apr 2013, 19:23

Easy to reproduce situation with lost SAT signal. I set may box to start to standby mode. Than i shutdown box from main menu, turn off using power switch, wait until LED will be off, turn on by power switch. The box boots to standby mode. Than, using pilot I turn box form standby to operating mode. After that (i think not unusual situation) the signal indicator show 77%, SNR - shows zero. So - the only way is to "scan the sky" again.
Is any possibility to start safely box without losing SAT signal? And without "scanning the sky" after practically each boot?

Antworten

Zurück zu „AV7000 / Octagon 1018 - USB“